Jonah Jones – Lead Mountain Guide and Instructor
I bring my enthusiasm for all things mountainous to my work as a guide and mountain instructor and have been introducing novices to the mountains and helping experts to improve. I have spent several years as a senior instructor in outdoor education and pursuits where much of my work was training future mountain leaders and climbers.
Home is Skye where I can offer a personal service which can be tailored to the individual or groups. Feel free to propose your own ideas or adventures or dates and we will try our best to meet your needs.
Route finding can be a major obstacle within the Cuillin Mountains, so why not keep it safe and enjoy your days on the hills and employ a Skye Mountain Guide.
Just some of the choices available…
- The Rum Cuillins: Take on the other Sgùrr nan Gillean
- The Black Cuillin Ridge Traverse: A two day ridge traverse with a bivvy on the ridge
- Sunrise & Sunsets: Spend a night on the ridge, watch the sun come up and go down
- Munro Courses: 1 day up to 5 day courses available
- Introduction Courses: Climbing, winter climbing, scrambling, abseiling
The Inaccessible Pinnacle
“The pinnacle, rising precipitously for over a hundred feet on the south side, falls in one vertical drop of 300 to 400 feet on the north. As the mountain on which it stands also shoots steeply away on either side, the eye plunges away to Loch Coruisk, 2,500 ft below. Great care is needed as it only 6 inches to a foot wide in many places” …Charles Pilkington, 1888.